Daly City Chiropractic is proud to introduce our newest modality: Erchonia Violet and Red Laser (EVRL)
Cold laser therapy can help you rapidly reduce pain and inflammation and/or quickly strengthen healed tissues to prevent re-injury.
The EVRL increases the speed of healing through a complex augmentation of your body’s normal inflammatory process. The non-thermal laser penetrates deep into your tissue promoting photobiostimulation. In essence, the cellular metabolism increases which in turn accelerates cell repair, increases blood flow, and stimulates the immune and lymphatic systems.
Photobiostimulation energizes cells and accelerates your body’s normal healing process. That’s not all; Low Level Cold Laser Therapy with the EVRL also improves collagen and muscle tissue development, and helps generate new healthy cells and tissue. Clinical studies to date have shown a reduction in pain, inflammation, edema and an overall faster healing time. Amazingly, the EVRL creates true healing instead of masking pain as in the case of ice, heat, medication, and electrical stimulation.
EVRL is Safe, Painless and Noninvasive.
By now you are probably wondering exactly how safe EVRL treatment is.
Low level laser therapy is very safe; the only general precaution is the use of special filtering glasses when a class 2 laser is in use.
Laser therapy can be used when you want or need a drug free procedure to control pain, when conventional therapies have been ineffective, or when you want to quickly heal from injuries.
Treatment with the EVRL is painless consisting of several brief sessions, lasting a couple of minutes to about five minutes per whole body part on average. Stated in another way, each area is treated with the laser for about 1.5 minutes. Roughly 3 to 4 areas make up a whole body part. You should not feel anything during treatment. There is no pain, electrical pulses, or feeling of heat during treatment as is common with other therapies. Only a very small number of patients have ever reported feeling anything during therapy (about 3%). Of those, they only report feeling of slight warmth or slight stimulation of nerves, nothing discomforting at all.
You may be one of the 75 to 80% of patients who feel improvement immediately after (and sometimes during) treatment. Many people feel the effects immediately but for chronic conditions, especially if you’ve had them for a long time, it may take a few treatments.
Treatment with the EVRL is designed to temporarily relieve pain associated with the following conditions: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Migraine headaches, tendinitis, bursitis, plantar fasciitis/heel spurs, tennis elbow, osteoarthritis, low back pain, sciatica, neck and shoulder pain, post-surgical pain (including total knee or hip replacements, spine surgeries, and rotator cuff repairs), TMJ, Fibromyalgia and more. The low-level laser therapy was first cleared by the FDA in 2002 for carpal tunnel syndrome treatment, based on research conducted at General Motors in 1995.
Some of the benefits of EVRL Laser therapy are:
- Reduced Pain – Many people can experience significant improvement after one treatment. Most conditions require 3-10 treatments for maximal alleviation of symptoms. Chronic conditions may require more treatments. Pain reduction is achieved by increasing the level of endorphins in human tissue, as well as normalizing the action potential of the involved nerves to -70mV (normal) from a hyper excitatory state.
- Less Inflammation and Faster Tissue Healing – Acute inflammatory conditions respond almost immediately to EVRL treatments. The wavelength of 405nm and 635nm can penetrate through human skin, water, blood and fat with minimal absorption.
- The lymphatic system is stimulated to help remove waste products and cellular debris from the site of tissue impairment.
- NO (nitric oxide), histamine and serotonin production are stimulated to produce a non-thermal vasodilatory response, improving circulation in the injured tissues.
- Angiogenesis (creation of new capillaries) is promoted which increases the rate of healing as circulation is improved. Avoiding re-injury to the treatment area is critical to promote proper healing and avoid the return of pain.
- Increased Tissue Strength – EVRL increases both collagen and fibroblast activity. Professional athletes are using this therapy to heal injuries faster. Laser treated tissues are stronger after recovery than with natural healing alone.
Note: EVRL treatment is priced at $50 per session.